Sunday, April 24, 2011

:-)

I currently teach 5th grade and even though I never want to give up my students they must go to 6th grade. This year one of the sixth grade teachers and I were talking, she mentioned that she knew right away who my kids were.

She was talking to the kids about expectations and about the class in general, nothing different than any of us. Randomly, she said the word class while talking and a small chorus of yeses issued from those who where once my students. All I could do was laugh.

It occurred to me I never use the word class unless I want a yes back. I call them folks or ladies and gentleman. Folks is my favorite, it's fun to say.

I guess they liked WBT enough to remember it. I think that sums up a lot about WBT.

Love, Luck, and Lollipops

http://www.wholebrainteaching.com/Whole-Brain-Teching/First-Steps/Attention-Getter-Class-Yes.html

2 comments:

  1. :) I am a student teacher & I've used started using some WBT methods... I've found it funny, because the Cooperating teacher would sprinkle "class" throughout the day to get the class to choral answer something.......... so I had done that also before learning about WBT. NOW, I have to be VERY careful to say "students" or something else like you say or they'll respond "yes!" instead of the answer to the question being asked!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cracking up!!! I think that is awesome. I tend to say "everyone" or i put my hand up to my ear.

    Happy student teaching. How much longer do you have left?

    ReplyDelete