|Front corner where the computer has to be for the Smart Board is. Printer and phone must be there. Laptop will plug into the board here. Note the rules front and center.|
|The other side of the Smart Board.|
|My desk, now in the back of the room separate from the computer area. A door to my neighbor opens just on the other side of the black cabinet.|
|Close up of banner above my desk and cabinet.|
|Next to my desk looking at door to the hall. All those colored strips, by the student desk, are the Super Improver Wall levels.|
|At the class entrance looking to the front of the class.|
Butcher block paper: school supplied, limited colors. I could have waited for the new colors to show up but I liked the blue and orange. I pulled off pieces large enough for the board space and cut it down (extra I will use for class project.)
1. I folded the orange lengthwise (hot dog style) and used a straight blade to cut it in half, it's a narrow stripe so it could be used on two boards this way. I put that up all the way around the class. Then hung up the blue paper, no cutting needed a foot below the top of the board. This way the cut edge of the orange didn't need to be perfect, and was easy to be consistent. I used push pins to stick it up so I could measure and adjust. That was the hardest part. the rest was easy!
2. Crape paper streamers- I had the streamers on hand I believe they were a dollar store pick up, so each color was a dollar. I made the stripes at different heights so each board is a little different. Plus I didn't have enough of any color to go across the entire room, so the color change is on purpose.
3. Yellow dots- cut from butcher paper using the schools letter/shape punch. I had a ton left over from a different project.
4. Banners- the triangles are cut from a fact book, another dollar store find. I glued them to the ribbon, which again came from the dollar store. (I made four but only used three of them)
5. paper fans- I used these to finish off the end of the banners, they looked a little bare. I got them from the party store a few years ago.
6. WBT basics I had ready to go. The rules are hand painted with cute animals (I'll make a digital version to print out soon) I also had my Super Improver Wall Levels posted already so the kids can start wondering what it is right away.
|The hall outside my class, only had to boards now it has four. How did I get so lucky to be responsible for 4 my neighbor has 1?|